In this article by BootsnAll, they discuss the idea of creating a set of travel rules. I particularly like the story of one man who visited every country in the world, WITHOUT FLYING.
I can’t promise anything near that level of awesomeness. But the list below should yield some insight into my travel approach.
- Eat veggie. (Note: I plan to address the “why vegetarian” question in a future post since I get asked so often.)
- Hitchhike and couchsurf as much as possible.
- Take a picture of/with every person that hosts me. (These pictures are continually updated in my “Faces of Hospitality” album on facebook.)
- No smart phones.
- Don’t wear shoes (as much as possible).
- Take a picture with Super Monkey at iconic landmarks.
That’s all I can muster for now. Any ideas? How else can I challenge myself while abroad? How can I improve my awesomeness level?